Thursday 23 September 2010

Irish Translation of Paragraphs on 'The Gospel'


Mindful of the fact that some of the homes to which we are sending literature use Gaelic as their first language, a short summary of 'The Gospel' is presently being translated by a fluent Irish speaker.

I received this update from her yesterday:

"
I'm working on the translation - as with any language, a completely direct translation isn't possible or it won't make sense.

(Have you ever read those hilarious operating instructions translated from Chinese?)

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long more.

I'll be testing it on a few Irish speaking friends to make sure it's okay.

Talk to you soon, God willing."

Right now, I'm pretty excited about receiving this translation ..... even though I won't be able to decipher a single word of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment