Friday 10 April 2009

Making The Promotional DVD



Given the amount of time and effort required in organising this advertising campaign, it would be impossible for our 'Team' to visit our churches and explain our plan in its various stages.

We therefore thought that a short DVD could be produced, then circulated to the ministers so that they could show it in one of their weekly prayer meetings. By this means our people would be 'clued in' regarding the details of our campaign.

Today this DVD was recorded, with myself in the 'hot seat' (note the heater positioned behind it!) ... well, truth be told, it was hot at times, freezing at others! The sun shone, then the clouds dropped over it, then out it came again – playing havoc with our lighting system!

Our technical wizard is Mr Robert Campbell (soon to depart for Tasmania, Australia). He organised the lighting (left to myself, I would have been staring into the webcam of my laptop!) and did the filming. I think we learned much – but that doesn't mean the DVD will be top standard. My fault, certainly not his!

3 comments:

  1. Exciting stuff. Multimedia used for God's gospel. Put the video online, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add a note of encouragement if I can figure out how to put a comment on this - good work, and share the video online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stuff!

    Ballyclare FPC

    ReplyDelete