Thursday 10 September 2009

Some Tremendous Reactions


Today seemed to be, 'Reaction To The Campaign Day.'

I rejoiced in this reaction too!

The responses included:

One of the ladies from our church in Londonderry was standing at a bus stop outside the church. A friend came along, holding her 3-year-old nephew by the hand. This aunt pointed at our church banner and then said about the wee guy, "He's just said that we got one of those in the post"!

Not bad recognition skills (to tie in our church banner with the tract that was delivered by his postman) for a wee guy who's just started playschool a few days ago!


During a 15-minute phone call from the 'Irish News,' where the female journalist was asking me for all kinds of details about our 'Consider Christ' Campaign, she stated that it was "very impressive," "on a huge scale," and wished us every success. She plans to write an article on it (watch this space!).

• One of the members of our Facebook Group, 'Doing Something More For God,' sent me a photo from his mobile phone of one of our 'mini-posters' at Great Victoria Street train station. He commented that, "a few hundred people would be passing this every day and it's in the line of sight for those coming straight off the train."

The same contact later told me that people in his workplace have been discussing the contents of the billboards and tracts.

• On the way home from school my daughter heard a 15-year-old boy sitting on the seat in front of her on the bus turn to his friend as the bus drew alongside one of the 'Consider Christ' billboards in Londonderry,
"Did you get one of those Consider Christ things through your door?"

• From Taleen Thomassian:
"I just seen one of the leaflets come through my friends door in Ballymoney ... . I was so happy when I seen it!!!!!! Fab work!!!!"

• Andrew Fitton passed on the following message re another of our shoplite adverts:

"Dad said to drop you a message about the shoplite sign at Tesco Dungannon. It was up sometime yesterday. Everyone going in should be able to see it, stands over whole carpark."

• And ... as the reaction continues to pour in,
I have not deliberately been saving the 'best wine to the last,' although this is how it has turned out!

I have just received this message (6:06pm, Thursday 10/9/2009):

"Amen. The Campaign is going well. Already I've heard of ones saved through the Leaflets and the Billboards in Comber and Ards areas. I hope and pray that many more precious souls get saved and even beat the number of people that were saved in the 1859 Revival. God Bless."

1 comment:

  1. "Already I've heard of ones saved" -- so this is worth all the great effort. Looking at this from America, it's definitely been impressive to watch.

    ReplyDelete